Sorry, this job has expired.
If you're looking for diverse opportunities, challenging work,and a family friendly environment, come join a dynamic team working to support the finest Department of Transportation in America! The Missouri Department of Transportation is currently seeking a maintenance worker.
As a maintenance worker you will perform routine, entry-level duties related to the maintenance of the state's roadways. Your responsibilities are performed under moderate supervision.
• High school diploma or GED/HiSET
• Valid driver's license
• A passing grade on the written portion of the commercial driver's license (CDL) exam is required prior to hire date. Must pass the driving portion of the CDL exam with tanker endorsement, no air brake restrictions (Class B), and interstate status (either Excepted Interstate [EI] or Non-Excepted Interstate [NI]) within 60 days after being hired into this position.
• Successful completion of a work simulation examination and a medical-physical examination.
• Job requires significant physical stamina and endurance, including the ability to move materials by hand, operate hand tools, and perform stationary flagging.
• Job requires outdoor work that involves exposure to physical hazards, health and safety risks, and/or adverse or otherwise undesirable characteristics in the environment, including risk of physical injury from carrying out duties in heavy traffic areas, on or near heavy equipment or machinery, and with hazardous chemicals or materials.
• Job may require overtime and nighttime work.
• Job may require operation of vehicles to plow snow and spread ice control materials.
• May perform signal and lighting duties, including repairing roadway lighting; trenching for conduit installations; installing and maintaining radio equipment; and assisting in installation, repair, and maintenance of camera, message boards, roadway detection devices, and signal masts, arms, heads, and poles.
• Cleans and performs routine maintenance on vehicles, equipment, buildings and grounds.
In order to be considered for this vacancy please go to the Missouri Department of Transportation Employment Application System (EAS) and submit an online application. Applications, and if applicable transcripts, must be received by no later than 11:55 pm of the closing date listed on the advertised vacancy.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V